St Andrew’s is an Anglican Church community in Newlands, Cape Town. Our roots in the area go back to the 1850’s, and our present Church in Kildare Road was completed in 1894. We draw our members from Newlands and the surrounding suburbs, with a few families – those with roots in the area prior to the forced removals of the 1960’s – joining us from further afield.
Since the advent of Covid-19 we have embraced online worship and bible-study and are thankful for renewed opportunities to meet again in person for worship, Children’s Church, and Confirmation preparation, small group fellowship, quiet mornings for prayer and reflection, and service to the wider community. We are committed to outreach beyond ourselves, and our substantial Ministry to the Needy (MTN) projects impact positively on less-resourced communities and service organisations in the wider Cape Town environment.
Our vision is to be a loving and inclusive Christian community, obedient to God in loving service to one another and to the world. We seek to be disciples of Jesus, open to the guidance of the Holy Scripture and the leading of God’s Holy Spirit.